Friday, March 1, 2013

Wait For You by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Wait For You By Jennifer L. Armentrout

(Writing as J. Lynn)
Published by: J. Lynn
Publication Date: February 26, 2013
Rating: 4.5 stars

Summary:

Somethings are worth waiting for....
Avery Morgansten has traveled thousands of miles away from her home town in hope of out running her past. 
But somethings you just can't escape. 
Avery can't forget what happened at the Halloween party 5 years ago- an event that changed her life. But as long as she is on time to her classes and her bracelet hides her wrist, she;'s just fine.
That is until all 6 feet and 3 inches and blue eyes of the swoon- worthy hottie Cam Hamilton rocks her world, making her want things she never thought she would. She knows she should stay away from him, but he's everywhere. As it becomes clear that avoiding the simmering tension that sparks when their around each other is impossible, Cam brings out a side of Avery she didn't know she had.
Somethings should never be kept quiet...
But when Avery begins to receiving threatening e-mails and phone calls forcing her to face her past, keeping silent isn't so easy. When the devastating truth comes out, can she resurface this time with 1 less scar? And can Cam be there to help her, or will he be dragged down with her? 
Somethings are worth fighting for...

What I liked:

This book is a WINNER. As in, forget to feed your pets and children, let the plant die, call in sick at work and avoid church just so you don't have to but this beautiful piece of work down, and then you'll do it all again next week so you can re-read it too!

 This is my face the whole time I read this book:

(Though not QUIET as cute, it was pretty dang close.)
HOLY SNAPKINS. This book is sexy, funny and down right touching.  
it made me want to laugh, cry, yell, and jump with joy all at the same time. I'm so taken with this one! 
Straight from the beginning you have a pretty decent idea of what happened to Avery at that Halloween party that changed her life so much, but the author drops just enough hints and creates enough air of mystery to make you wonder if you're on the right track or not. It draws you in and holds you there until you finally know all the big secrets in this book. (and trust me, there are PLENTY.)
There were enough twists in the book to keep the plot going, but not so drastic as to change the whole story, keeping it interesting and not in the least bit confusing (though some things could be elaberated on)

I really don't want to say to much about Avery and her story, but I will say it is heart-wrentching and will stick with you for a long time after you finish it and have you wanting to strangle some fictional characters while you're reading it.
This book is mostly centered around Cam and Avery's relationship, and I am so glad it was. I could not, and probably never will, get enough of those 2 (especially Cam). Their relationship was so witty and cute, it was just perfect, and at some points, realistic. Another few people I will never get over are Jacob, Ollie<3, and Brit. These 3 are SO funny and I really hope I get to hear more of them later. 

What I didn't Like:

Honestly, there isn't much I didn't like in this book. It was every thing a true romantic could ask for in a book. I was witty, fun, touching, SEXY, and total awesome sauce. 
Though, I will admit that the book was a tad bit drawn out, and boring at times. While the air of mystery was thrilling, it also grew a tad bit annoying to be reading about some great big secret 70% of the way through the book that you still don't know.
Overall though, Wait For You is a thrilling, heart-wrenching, tale and I will most definetly be reading this one again soon.

Would I recommend this book to someone?

Yes! This is a type of story I believe everyone needs to hear at least once in their lifetime. Though, due to sexual situations, I would only recommend this book to a mature young adult.

Rating: 4.5 stars: This book is going to stick with me like glue for a long time! Definetly on my favorites list!



No comments:

Post a Comment