Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Die For Me by Amy Plum

Before I start this review, I just want to apologize for my absences!! School has been really crazy these past couple weeks! I promise to post when I can though!

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Publisher: HarperTeen

 Publication Date: April 3, 2012

 Rating: 4 stars

Summary:

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were moving to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my life would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, he put me in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen . . . until I realized that Vincent Delacroix is no normal human--that he has a terrifying destiny and enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
Can I risk everything for love?

What I liked:

I really enjoyed Kate's character in this book! I loved how perfectly Amy Plum captures the feeling of losing yourself in art! 
All the characters were pretty well developed! They were funny and quirky, they were serious and reasonable, I can not tell you how hard that is to find in a YA book these days! Most of the characters are hotheaded and immature and under-react over the big things and then lose their minds over the small things! It's insane!
NO LOVE TRIANGLE! Granted there is some attention thrown Kate's way by another guy but, so far anyways, she sticks with only Vincent and ignores the other guy!
And finally, I LOVE the fact that Kate didn't just dive head first into her relationship with Vincent! She considered the Pros and Cons of being with him, she thought about how her relationship might effect her and her family!

What I didn't Like:

I feel like Kate and Vincents relationship didn't really grow into what it became. It felt like the same old Love at first Sight with a slightly reasonable twist. It was the same thing with Jules's feelings for her. One minute he's all hostile and rude, and the next he's all flirty and friendly, and your left thinking What... the...?
I really would have liked to have seen more of Georgia's character! Or known more about her. I liked the supportive sister relationship that Plum described to us, but I feel like I didn't see it. 
Other than that though, I really enjoyed this book and would definately reccomend it! 

Rating: 4 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment