Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil By Wendy Higgins
Book 1 of the Sweet trilogy
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication date: May1, 2012
Rating: 5 stars
I actually read this book in 2012 a couple of months after it came out while I was on a summer vacation, and absolutely could NOT put it down, and by the end of 2012, it was still my favorite book of the year! Wendy Higgins is a genius with this one!

Summary(from Amazon): 

Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?  


This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

What I Liked:
   What DIDN'T I love about this book? This book was SO good on SO many different levels. For one it is a very plot-driven book, a rare find in YA fiction these days. 

I very much enjoyed the balence between the main charector and the love interest, Kaiden, and the actual conflict of the book (Anna finding who and what she is)
      Another part of this book I enjoyed, was getting to see Kaiden and Anna's relationship grow. In so many YA books, the love interest and the main charecter, just fall into Lust and Love and all of the above within the first 5 days of meeting each other, and you never get a true understanding of WHY the 2 charecters love each other oh so much. But in Sweet Evil you get to know ALL the charecters and why they were loved so much.
        The idea in this book is a deep, cleansing, breath of fresh air in YA paranormal. This idea is so original and so new, that you really can't help but to be sucked in!
   And finally, the humer. This book was just straight up funny sometimes. But it was also serious where it needed to be.
This book in total, is just absolutely amazing. There is no doubt about it. I'm nearly speechless when it comes to this one.
What I Did Not Like:
Really theres only TWO things I did not lke about this book:

#1.   One of my only problems with this book was Anna's father. Anticipating the 2nd book, I'm not wntirely sure whos side he is on. I never really got understand why Anna loved him so much, other than the fact that he's her dad. I really would have liked to get to know his character better in this book, and am disappointed I didn't. I hope to see more of him and his story in the next book.

#2.   I did not likethe time wasted on Anna pinning over Kaiden. While I didn't exactly NOT like this part of the book, I do feel it could have and probably should have, been shorter.

Over all, this was my mind when I read this book: 
 
  

 Would I Recommend this book to someone?

OH YES. Go buy this book RIGHT NOW. Or borrow it from your library and ask for it for your birthday. I don't care, just get this book. It's SO totally worth it.

 Rating:

5 stars. one of my favorite books of all time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment